Warwickshire County councillor John Horner, cabinet member for community safety, said: "Last year Trading Standards failed over 40 per cent of the electric blankets
they tested, more than 100 in total
Senior Coroner Andrew Tweddle reiterated the Electrical Safety Board's advice that electric blankets
should be replaced after 10 years, after it emerged that miss Bridge's electric blanket
must have been at least 36 years old.
A CORONER has warned against using outdated electric blankets
after a pensioner was killed by one that was 30 years old.
Coun Les Caborn, portfolio holder for community safety, said: "Unsafe electric blankets
are the cause of many house fires each year and can often lead to death or serious injury.
A TORY peer who told hard-up pensioners to use electric blankets
to cut their energy bills has come up with more money-saving tips - in toffs' magazine Tatler.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service has warned of the potential dangers of electric blankets
following the fire in Penrhyndeudraeth which killed Tryphena Williams, 82.
327-52 Electric blankets
retroreflective for heater.
A There were numerous studies done in the 1980s looking at the potential health risks of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) generated by electric blankets
, overhead power lines, and other sources.
HUNDREDS of pensioners in Huddersfield and Calderdale could be risking their lives - by using faulty electric blankets
are being tested by Cleveland Fire Brigade.
should be examined every two to three years and replaced every 10 years or if they are damaged.
He also warned people not to fold their electric blankets
nor leave them switched on all night.