embassage(redirected from embassages)
Also found in: Legal.
1. A diplomatic delegation.
2. Archaic An embassy.
[Middle English ambassage, office or function of an ambassador, possibly variant of ambassade, from Old French ambassade, ambaxade, from Old Spanish ambaxada or Old Provençal ambaissada, both from Medieval Latin ambactiāta, from ambactia; see ambassador.]
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the work of an ambassador, or the message conveyed by an ambassador
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the position of an ambassador
em•bas•sy(ˈɛm bə si)
n., pl. -sies.
1. the official headquarters of an ambassador.
2. the function or office of an ambassador.
3. a mission headed by an ambassador.
4. a body of persons sent on a diplomatic mission.
[1570–80; variant of ambassy < Middle French ambassee « Old Provençal ambaissada, ultimately derivative, via Germanic of Gallo-Latin ambactus retainer, servant]