Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
tr.v. en·wrapped, en·wrap·ping, en·wraps
a. To wrap up; enclose.
b. To envelop.
2. To absorb completely; engross: I was enwrapped by the fascinating tale.
vb (tr) , -wraps, -wrapping or -wrapped
1. to wrap or cover up; envelop
2. (usually passive) to engross or absorb: enwrapped in thought.
v.t. -wrapped, -wrap•ping.
1. to wrap, envelop, or surround.
2. to absorb or engross, as in thought.
Past participle: enwrapped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||enwrap - enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering; "Fog enveloped the house"|
cover - provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"
benight - envelop with social, intellectual, or moral darkness; "The benighted peoples of this area"
tube - place or enclose in a tube
engulf - flow over or cover completely; "The bright light engulfed him completely"
sheathe - enclose with a sheath; "sheathe a sword"
cocoon - wrap in or as if in a cocoon, as for protection
bathe - suffuse with or as if with light; "The room was bathed in sunlight"