episodic(redirected from episodical)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
ep·i·sod·ic(ĕp′ĭ-sŏd′ĭk) also ep·i·sod·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)
1. Relating to or resembling an episode.
2. Composed of a series of episodes: an episodic novel.
3. Limited to the duration of an episode; temporary.
1. resembling or relating to an episode
2. divided into or composed of episodes
3. irregular, occasional, or sporadic
ep•i•sod•ic(ˌɛp əˈsɒd ɪk, -ˈzɒd-)
1. pertaining to or of the nature of an episode.
2. divided into separate or tenuously related parts or sections; loosely connected: an episodic novel.
3. occurring sporadically or incidentally.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||episodic - of writing or narration; divided into or composed of episodes; "the book is episodic and the incidents don't always hang together"|
divided - separated into parts or pieces; "opinions are divided"
|2.||episodic - occurring or appearing at usually irregular intervals; "episodic in his affections"; "occasional headaches"|
unpredictable - not capable of being foretold
|3.||episodic - limited in duration to a single episode; "an account concerned primarily with episodic events such as the succession of rulers"|