establishmentarian(redirected from establishmentarians)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Of or relating to support for the political or social establishment.
2. Of or relating to support for the official status of an established church.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) denoting or relating to an Established Church, esp the Church of England
2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) denoting or relating to the principle of a Church being officially recognized as a national institution
(Ecclesiastical Terms) an upholder of this principle, esp as applied to the Church of England
es•tab•lish•men•tar•i•an(ɪˌstæb lɪʃ mənˈtɛər i ən)
1. of or pertaining to an established church, esp. the Church of England, or the principle of state religion.
2. (cap.) of, pertaining to, or favoring the Establishment.n.
3. a supporter or adherent of the principle of the establishment of a church by state law; an advocate of state religion.
4. (cap.) a person who belongs to or favors the Establishment.