Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to estuarine: estuarine circulation
1. Of, relating to, or found in an estuary.
2. Relating to a system of deep-water and wetland tidal habitats characterized by fluctuating salinity and, in intertidal zones, by the presence of trees, shrubs, and emergent vegetation.
3. Geology Formed or deposited in an estuary.
1. (Geological Science) formed or deposited in an estuary: estuarine muds.
2. (Biology) growing in, inhabiting, or found in an estuary: an estuarine fauna.
es•tu•a•rine(ˈɛs tʃu əˌraɪn, -ər ɪn)
1. formed in an estuary.
2. found in estuaries.