Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that excites: an exciter of animosity.
2. An auxiliary generator used to provide field current for a larger generator or alternator.
3. Electronics An oscillator for generating the carrier frequency of a transmitter.
1. a person or thing that excites
2. (Electrical Engineering) a small generator that excites a larger machine
3. (General Physics) an oscillator producing a transmitter's carrier wave
1. one that excites.
2. an auxiliary generator that supplies energy for the excitation of another electric machine.