Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to expansivity: Thermal expansivity
1. Capable of expanding or tending to expand.
2. Broad in size or extent; comprehensive: expansive police powers.
3. Open and communicative; talkative or effusive: Wine made the guest expansive.
4. Grand in scale: an expansive lifestyle.
ex·pan′sive·ness, ex′pan·siv′i·ty (ĕk′spăn-sĭv′ĭ-tē) n.
1. the quality of being expansive
2. (General Physics) another name for coefficient of expansion
ex•pan•siv•i•ty(ˌɛk spænˈsɪv ɪ ti)
the quality or state of being expansive.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||expansivity - the fractional change in length or area or volume per unit change in temperature at a given constant pressure|
coefficient - a constant number that serves as a measure of some property or characteristic
|2.||expansivity - a quality characterized by magnificence of scale or the tendency to expand; "the expansiveness of their extravagant life style was soon curtailed"|
|3.||expansivity - a friendly open trait of a talkative person|
communicativeness - the trait of being communicative