References in periodicals archive ?
Raab supplements Ong's data with some updating, but argues that his main points remain persuasive: "Ong reveals masculinity in the natural order as characterized by expendability, agonistic differentiation, and exteriority.
direct conflict with the ontological expendability of the decidedly
There is a growing concern among scientists and civilians alike about how AI combined with the stregnth, durability and expendability.
Invisibility can even lead to expendability when islands are seen only as small in size and population, and poor.
And thus, analyze and theorize the ways that Blackness and Black people have been produced as signifiers of exploitability, criminality, deficiency, expendability, and sub-humanity over time.
They referred not to coerced labor, but to a larger point about selfhoods shaped through captivity: spatial immobility, physical restraint, and the expendability of state violence.
Tenders are invited for Computer Think Centre M79, Desk Top Computer With Pre Loaded Operating System Operating System: Windows 8, Memory: 4Gb, 1600 Mhz, Ddr3, Ram With 16 Gb Expendability.
Willingness by Assad to compromise would alert the entourage to its expendability.
Audubon's aim, however, is profoundly different from Walcott's as, in "White Egrets," the poet seems to encourage us to reject, or at least to question, our acquiescence to the expendability and reification of another being.
Yet, any long-shot prospects for the preservation of a splash/cast piece notwithstanding, expendability was acceptable within the parameters of the work.
Perverse organizational incentives led the Defense Department to place him on an FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force because of his expendability, not his expertise.
That the novel criticizes the human incapability to grasp the unity in nature is also supported by Kohlke, who maintains that "[t]o believe ourselves set above all other life as masters of the universe, instrumentalising other beings rather than regarding them as companion species, leads to an ethical and existential dead end, and eventually the expendability of humanity itself' (65).
Dictionary browser ?
- expeditionary force
- expendable property
- expendable supplies and materials
- expendable supplies and materiel
- expense account
- Expense magazine
- expense record
- experience table
Full browser ?
- expels from
- expend (something) for (something)
- expend (something) in (something)
- expend (something) on (someone or something)
- expend for
- expend gradually
- expend in
- expend on
- expend on her
- expend on him
- expend on it
- expend on me
- expend on one
- expend on them
- expend on us
- expend on you
- expend slowly
- Expendability, Recoverability, Reparability Code
- Expendability/Recoverability/Reparability/Cost Designator
- Expendable Acoustic Remote Sensor
- Expendable Bathy-Photometer
- Expendable bathythermograph
- Expendable Booster
- Expendable Communication Buoy
- Expendable Conductivity/Temperature and Depth
- Expendable Countermeasures
- Expendable Crew Member
- Expendable Current Profiler
- Expendable Drone
- Expendable Electronic Marker
- Expendable Exit Cone
- Expendable Jammer
- Expendable Jamming System
- Expendable K Probe
- Expendable launch system
- Expendable launch vehicle
- Expendable Launch Vehicle Integrated Support
- Expendable Light Marker
- expendable lubrication system
- Expendable Media Device
- Expendable Mine Disposal Vehicle
- Expendable Mine Neutralization System
- Expendable Mobile ASW Training Target
- Expendable Modular High Energy Laser