References in periodicals archive ?
This casebook provides cases and materials on the rules of evidence, covering relevancy and related problems, real and testimonial proof, hearsay, circumstantial proof, expert evidence, procedural considerations, judicial notice, and privileges.
It implies that no case can be decided on the basis of expert evidence exclusively without any primary piece of evidence, such as oral evidence (eye witnesses).
Campaigners opposed to the construction in the Markets area of South Belfast can now include expert evidence based on a separate major planning case, a judge confirmed.
The judge said that a jury will now not have to struggle with the concepts of "voluntary intoxication" or expert evidence on whether or not the defendant had the capacity to form a specific intent at the time of the attack.
The fundamental characteristic of expert evidence is that it is opinion evidence.
The Andrews Labor Government is supporting juries with clearer information and better processes when examining expert evidence in criminal trials.
It is highly critical of the industry's use of expert evidence it commissioned to back its case and its failure to disclose any internal assessments on how packaging design works for children and young people what the effect on standardized packaging on sales is likely to be.
They kept moving the goal posts on us as their case changed as more expert evidence was obtained.
Under Frye, all other expert evidence is generally admitted without the trial judge first assessing its reliability before submitting it to the jury.
Their research did not analyse the impact of a UK vote to exit the EU but cited expert evidence warning of a "constitutional crisis" .
Terranova argued these electronic records were inadmissible because they consist of expert evidence which was not properly admitted through a qualified expert (at paras 11 and 12).
And, as we shall see, where incriminating opinions are admitted, there are real dangers that the jury will use apparently independent evidence to fill gaps and oversights in the expert evidence.
Dictionary browser ?
- experiment station
- experimental condition
- experimental extinction
- experimental method
- experimental procedure
- experimental psychology
- experimental variable
- experimenter bias
- experimenter effect
- expert evidence
- expert opinion
- expert system
- expert witness
- expiration date
Full browser ?
- Expert Advisory Group on AIDS
- Expert Advisory Group on Antibiotics
- Expert Advisory Group on Antimicrobial Resistance
- Expert Advisory Group on Infertility Services in Scotland
- Expert Agent Selection
- Expert Agréé en Technologies de l'Information
- Expert Appraisal Committee
- Expert Assistant for Simulation Assembly & Experimentation
- Expert Associates Guide to Individualized Learning
- Expert by Experience
- Expert Center for Taxonomic Identification
- Expert Certified Administrative Professional
- Expert Committee
- Expert Committee on Drug Evaluation and Therapeutics
- Expert Committee on Farm Animal Welfare and Behaviour
- Expert Committee on Plant and Microbial Genetic Resources
- Expert Committee on Post Adjustment
- Expert Committee on Tuberculosis
- Expert Common Immersive Theater Environment
- Expert Comptable Nathalie Dossetto
- expert consensus
- Expert Consultants, International
- Expert Consulting Service
- Expert control system
- Expert Corporate Governance Service
- Expert Data Reference Group
- Expert Decision Making
- Expert Dungeons and Dragons
- Expert en Accessibilité au Service de Votre Autonomie
- Expert et Consultant en Éducation et Formation
- expert evidence
- Expert Field Medical Badge
- Expert Finding Systems
- Expert for Art Sport and Study
- Expert Gamer
- Expert Global Solutions
- Expert Group
- Expert Group Directory
- Expert Group Meeting
- Expert Group on Acute Maternity Services
- Expert Group on Clean Fossil Energy
- Expert Group on Development Issues
- Expert Group on Energy Data and Analysis
- Expert Group on Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Expert Group on Future Skills Needs
- Expert Group on Gender Social Inclusion and Employment
- Expert Group on Geographic Information
- Expert Group on Geographical Information
- Expert Group on Minerals and Energy Exploration and Development
- Expert Group on Permafrost and Periglacial Environments
- Expert Group on Resource Classification
- Expert Group on Techno-Economic Issues
- Expert Group on Technology Transfer
- Expert Group on the Process of Stakeholder Involvement
- Expert Group on Vitamins and Minerals
- Expert Guided Implementation
- Expert Gunner
- Expert Habitat Français
- Expert Health Data Programming
- Expert Health Data Systems
- Expert Heat Treatment