exploded(redirected from explodedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to explodedly: exploded view
v. ex·plod·ed, ex·plod·ing, ex·plodes
1. To release mechanical, chemical, or nuclear energy by the sudden production of gases in a confined space: The bomb exploded.
2. To burst violently as a result of internal pressure.
3. To shatter with a loud noise: The vase exploded into tiny pieces when it hit the floor.
4. To make an emotional outburst: My neighbor exploded in rage at the trespassers.
5. To increase suddenly, sharply, and without control: The population level in this area has exploded during the past 12 years.
6. To change state or appearance suddenly: Over the weekend the trees exploded with color.
7. Sports To hit a golf ball out of a sand trap with a shot that scatters the sand.
1. To cause to release energy or burst violently and noisily: The children exploded three firecrackers.
2. To show to be false or unreliable: explode a hypothesis.
3. Sports To hit (a golf ball) out of a sand trap with an explosive shot.
[Latin explōdere, to drive out by clapping : ex-, ex- + plaudere, to clap.]
adj exploded diagram → Explosionszeichnung f; exploded view → Einzelteildarstellung f, → Explosionsdarstellung f