Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Angles 1, 2, 7, and 8 are exterior angles.
1. The angle between any side of a polygon and an extended adjacent side.
2. Any of the four angles that do not include a region of the space between two lines intersected by a transversal.
1. (Mathematics) an angle of a polygon contained between one side extended and the adjacent side
2. (Mathematics) any of the four angles made by a transversal that are outside the region between the two intersected lines
1. an angle formed outside parallel lines by a third line that intersects them.
2. an angle formed outside a polygon by one side and an extension of an adjacent side; the supplement of an interior angle of the polygon.
Angles 1, 2, 7, and 8 are exterior angles. Angles 1 and 8 and angles 2 and 7 are alternate exterior angles.
The angle formed between a side of a polygon and an extended adjacent side. Compare interior angle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||exterior angle - the supplement of an interior angle of a polygon|
angle - the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
hip - (architecture) the exterior angle formed by the junction of a sloping side and a sloping end of a roof
n (Math) → Außenwinkel m