Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to fancier: Pigeon fancier
1. One who has a special enthusiasm for or interest in something: a fancier of antiques.
2. One who breeds a plant or an animal for those features held to be desirable.
1. a person with a special interest in something
2. a person who breeds plants or animals, often as a pastime: a bird fancier.
fan•ci•er(ˈfæn si ər)
1. a person having a liking for or interest in something; enthusiast.
2. a person who breeds animals, plants, etc., esp. to improve the strain.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fancier - a person having a strong liking for something|
animal fancier - a person who breeds animals
bird fancier - a person with a strong interest in birds
maniac - a person who has an obsession with or excessive enthusiasm for something
technophile - a person who is enthusiastic about new technology