Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
2. The feathers fitted to an arrow.
3. A fringe of hair on an animal's coat, especially on a dog's leg.
1. (Zoology) the plumage of a bird; feathers
2. (Zoology) another word for feathers2
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printing
a. an imperfection in print caused by the spreading of ink
b. the use of additional space between lines in typesetting in order to fill the page
feath•er•ing(ˈfɛð ər ɪŋ)
1. a covering of feathers; plumage.
2. the arrangement of feathers on an arrow.
3. a long fringe of hair, as on the legs of a dog or the legs of a horse; feather.