Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. Any of the distinct parts of the face, as the eyes, nose, or mouth.
b. often features The overall appearance of the face or its parts.
2. A prominent or distinctive part, quality, or characteristic: a feature of one's personality; a feature of the landscape.
a. A property of linguistic units or forms: Nasality is a phonological feature.
b. In generative linguistics, any of various abstract entities that specify or combine to specify phonological, morphological, semantic, and syntactic properties of linguistic forms and that act as the targets of linguistic rules and operations.
a. The main film presentation at a theater.
b. A long, narrative movie, typically lasting more than one hour.
5. A special attraction at an entertainment.
6. A prominent or special article, story, or department in a newspaper or periodical.
7. An item advertised or offered as particularly attractive or as an inducement: a washing machine with many features.
a. Outward appearance; form or shape.
b. Physical beauty.
tr.v. fea·tured, fea·tur·ing, fea·tures
1. To give special attention to; display, publicize, or make prominent.
2. To have or include as a prominent part or characteristic: The play featured two well-known actors.
3. To depict or outline the features of.
4. Informal To picture mentally; imagine: Can you feature her in that hat?