Feudalities - definition of feudalities by The Free Dictionary
feudality (redirected from feudalities)
n. pl. feu·dal·i·ties
1. The quality or state of being feudal.
2. A feudal holding, system, or regime.
, pl -ties
1. (Historical Terms) the state or quality of being feudal
2. (Historical Terms) a fief or fee
feu•dal•i•ty (fyuˈdæl ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the state or quality of being feudal.
2. a fief or fee.
[1695–1705; < French féodalité]
References in periodicals archive
Charles Van Doren describes an ordinary university as divided and subdivided `with separate departments like armed feudalities
facing one another across a gulf of mutual ignorance .
The Horlogistes began to label the Socialists the real counter-revolutionaries with their bureaucratic feudalities and welfare state privileges.
But let's also fight the bureaucratic and trade union feudalities of the 20th century'.