Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2. An organization or department over which one dominant person or group exercises control.
1. (in feudal Europe) the property owned by a lord
2. an area over which a person or organization exerts authority or influence
1. the estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2. anything owned by one dominant person or group.
Medieval History. the land over which a person exercises control after vows of vassalage and service to an overlord. See feudalism.See also: Land
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fiefdom - the domain controlled by a feudal lord|
|2.||fiefdom - an organization that is controlled by a dominant person or group|