Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. often field trials A test for young, untried hunting dogs to determine their competence in pointing and retrieving.
2. A trial of a new product in actual situations of use.
1. (Hunting) hunting a test of or contest between gun dogs to determine their proficiency and standard of training in retrieving or pointing
2. (often plural) a test to display performance, efficiency, or durability, as of a vehicle or invention
1. a competition among sporting dogs under natural conditions in the field, with dogs judged on their performance in hunting.
2. a trial of a new product or procedure to determine its usefulness or efficiency in actual performance.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||field trial - a test of the performance of some new product under the conditions in which it will be used|
|2.||field trial - a contest between gun dogs to determine their proficiency in pointing and retrieving|
|3.||field trial - a test of young hunting dogs to determine their skill in pointing and retrieving|