Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. One that serves as a substitute for another.
2. A short informative summary.
something or someone that temporarily substitutes for something or someone else
1. (Photography) photog that supplements the main lighting and e.g. reduces shadows
2. informal acting as a temporary substitute for someone or something
1. a person or thing that fills in, as a substitute, replacement, or insertion.
2. a brief summary; a rundown.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fill-in - someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult); "the star had a stand-in for dangerous scenes"; "we need extra employees for summer fill-ins"|
locum, locum tenens - someone (physician or clergyman) who substitutes temporarily for another member of the same profession
stunt man, stunt woman, double - a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts; "his first job in Hollywood was as a double for Clark Gable"