finder(redirected from finders keepers losers weepers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. One that finds: a finder of great hidden treasure.
2. A viewfinder.
3. A low-power, wide-angle telescope fixed to the body of a more powerful telescope and pointed in the same direction for initially locating an object to be observed.
1. a person or thing that finds
2. (General Physics) physics a small low-power wide-angle telescope fitted to a more powerful larger telescope, used to locate celestial objects to be studied by the larger instrument
3. (Photography) photog short for viewfinder
4. finders keepers informal whoever finds something has the right to keep it
1. a person or thing that finds.
3. a small wide-angle telescope attached to a larger one for locating objects to be studied.
4. a person or firm that acts as agent in initiating a business transaction.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||finder - someone who comes upon something after searching|
|2.||finder - someone who is the first to observe something|
beholder, observer, perceiver, percipient - a person who becomes aware (of things or events) through the senses
co-discoverer - someone who is the first of two or more people to discover something
|3.||finder - optical device that helps a user to find the target of interest|
camera, photographic camera - equipment for taking photographs (usually consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other)
optical device - a device for producing or controlling light