Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to first-generation: first-generation cephalosporin
a. Of or relating to an immigrant or immigrants to a new country: a first-generation American who was born in Nigeria.
b. Of or relating to a person or persons whose parents are immigrants: a first-generation Canadian whose parents were born in China.
2. Of or relating to a member or members of the first generation of a family to do something or achieve something: first-generation college students; a first-generation millionaire.
3. Of, relating to, or being the first form or version of a product or technology: first-generation computer software; a first-generation antipsychotic drug.
1. belonging to the first generation of people who go to live in another country
2. of the first type of a particular machine or piece of equipment to be produced
1. being or belonging to the first generation of a family to be born in a particular country.
2. being a naturalized citizen of a particular country.
3. being the first model or version available to users: a first-generation computer program.