fissiparous(redirected from fissiparousness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Reproducing by biological fission.
2. Tending to break up into parts or break away from a main body; factious.
1. (Biology) biology reproducing by fission
2. having a tendency to divide into groups or factions
fis•sip•a•rous(fɪˈsɪp ər əs)
1. reproducing by fission.
2. tending to split into factions.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||fissiparous - reproducing by fission|
|2.||fissiparous - having separated or advocating separation from another entity or policy or attitude; "a breakaway faction"|
independent - free from external control and constraint; "an independent mind"; "a series of independent judgments"; "fiercely independent individualism"