Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. The reverse side, as of a phonograph record.
2. The opposite side: "The flip side of retrospectively savaging the loser is beatifying ... the winner" (Charles Krauthammer).
1. (Music, other) another term for B-side
2. another, less familiar aspect of a person or thing: the flip side of John Lennon.
1. the reverse and usu. less popular side of a phonograph record.
2. an opposite or reverse side.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||flip side - a different aspect of something (especially the opposite aspect); "the flip side of your positive qualities sometimes get out of control"; "on the flip side of partnerships he talked about their competition"|