flocculent(redirected from flocculently)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Having a fluffy or woolly appearance.
2. Chemistry Containing or made up of small particles that have been aggregated together.
3. Zoology Having a soft, waxy, and woollike covering, as certain insects.
1. like wool; fleecy
2. (Chemistry) chem aggregated in woolly cloudlike masses: a flocculent precipitate.
3. (Biology) biology covered with tufts or flakes of a waxy or wool-like substance
ˈflocculence, ˈflocculency n
floc•cu•lent(ˈflɒk yə lənt)
1. like a clump or tuft of wool.
2. covered with a soft, woolly substance.
3. consisting of or containing loose woolly masses.
[1790–1800; floccus tuft of wool (< Latin) + -ulent]
floc′cu•lence, floc′cu•len•cy, n.