Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The act of flowing or overflowing.
a. The state of being flooded.
b. A body of water, such as a lake or reservoir, formed by usually deliberate flooding.
3. An outflow or overflow.
4. The gradual plastic deformation of a solid body, as by heat.
1. the act of flowing or overflowing or the state of having overflowed
2. the liquid that flows or overflows
3. (General Physics) a gradual deformation or motion of certain solids, such as asphalt, which flow without fracture
1. an act of flowing; flow.
2. the state of being flooded.
3. flowing or overflowing liquid.
4. Mech. gradual internal motion or deformation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||flowage - gradual internal motion or deformation of a solid body (as by heat); "rock fracture and rock flowage are different types of geological deformation"|
flow - any uninterrupted stream or discharge
|2.||flowage - a body of water that has been created by deliberately flooding an area; "many campsites were located near the flowage"|
|3.||flowage - the act of flooding; filling to overflowing|
filling - the act of filling something