flyaway(redirected from flyawaily)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Made or worn loose or draped, as to allow or suggest fluttering in the wind: a flyaway coat.
a. Prepared for immediate flight: a plane in flyaway condition.
b. Designed for air travel: flyaway bags.
3. Given to frivolity; flighty.
1. An aerial gymnastic move performed on the parallel bars, rings, or other apparatus, especially a flying dismount with a somersault.
2. flyaways Strands of hair that stand out unmanageably from the head.
1. (of hair or clothing) loose and fluttering
2. frivolous or flighty; giddy
a person who is frivolous or flighty
1. fluttering or streaming in the wind; windblown: flyaway hair.
2. ready for flight: flyaway aircraft.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||flyaway - guided by whim and fancy; "flighty young girls"|
frivolous - not serious in content or attitude or behavior; "a frivolous novel"; "a frivolous remark"; "a frivolous young woman"
|2.||flyaway - (of hair or clothing) worn loose; "her flyaway hair"; "a flyaway coat"|
loose - not tight; not closely constrained or constricted or constricting; "loose clothing"; "the large shoes were very loose"