Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. An upright board across the foot of a bedstead.
2. A board or small raised platform on which to support or rest the feet, as in a carriage.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) a treadle or foot-operated lever on a machine
2. (Furniture) a vertical board at the foot of a bed
1. a board or small platform on which to support the foot or feet.
2. an upright piece across the foot of a bedstead.
3. a treadle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||footboard - a narrow platform on which to stand or brace the feet|
platform - a raised horizontal surface; "the speaker mounted the platform"
running board - a narrow footboard serving as a step beneath the doors of some old cars
|2.||footboard - a vertical board or panel forming the foot of a bedstead|
panel - sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat and rectangular) section or component of something