force-feed(redirected from force-fed)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. force-fed (-fĕd′), force-feed·ing, force-feeds
1. To compel to ingest food; feed forcibly, especially by mechanical means.
2. To force to assimilate: prisoners of war being force-fed the party line.
vb (tr) , -feeds, -feeding or -fed
1. to force (a person or animal) to eat or swallow food
2. to force (someone) to receive opinions, propaganda, etc
(Mechanical Engineering) a method of lubrication in which a pump forces oil into the bearings of an engine, etc
v.t. -fed, -feed•ing.
1. to compel to take food.
2. to compel to absorb or assimilate.
Past participle: force-fed