Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A woman who serves as the leader of a work crew, as in a factory.
2. A woman who chairs and speaks for a jury.
n, pl -women
1. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) commerce a female supervisor of a group of workers
2. law a woman principal juror, who presides at the deliberations of a jury
fore•wom•an(ˈfɔrˌwʊm ən, ˈfoʊr-)
n., pl. -wom•en.
1. a woman who supervises a department or group of workers.
2. a woman on a jury who is selected to preside over and speak for all the jurors in the panel.
usage: See -woman.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||forewoman - a woman who is foreperson of a jury|
foreperson - the presiding member of the jury and the one who speaks on their behalf
|2.||forewoman - a woman in charge of a group of workers|
supervisor - one who supervises or has charge and direction of