Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A lightweight twill or plain-woven fabric of silk or silk and cotton, usually having a small printed design.
2. An article of clothing, especially a necktie or scarf, made of this fabric.
1. (Textiles) a soft light fabric of plain-weave or twill-weave silk or rayon, usually with a printed design
2. (Textiles) something made of this fabric, esp a scarf or handkerchief
[C19: from French, of unknown origin]
1. a soft lightweight silk, rayon, or cotton fabric of twill or plain weave with a printed design.
2. an article of clothing made of foulard.
[1820–30; < French, of uncertain orig.]
A scarf or necktie made of lightweight, usually printed, silk or rayon.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||foulard - a light plain-weave or twill-weave silk or silklike fabric (usually with a printed design)|