freebase(redirected from free-bases)
free·baseor free-base (frē′bās′)
v. free·based, free·bas·ing, free·bas·es or free-based or free-bas·ing or free-bas·es
1. To purify (cocaine) by treating its powdered hydrochloride form with an alkaloid solution such as ammonia and then using a heated solvent to separate out the precipitate.
2. To use (cocaine purified in this way) by smoking it or by inhaling the fumes after burning it.
To prepare or use cocaine purified in this way.
Cocaine purified by this method.
(Recreational Drugs) slang cocaine that has been refined by heating it in ether or some other solvent
vb, freebases, freebasing or freebased
1. (Recreational Drugs) to refine (cocaine) in this way
2. (Recreational Drugs) to smoke or inhale the fumes from (refined cocaine)
v. -based, -bas•ing,
1. to purify (cocaine) by dissolving under heat with ether to remove salts and impurities.
2. to smoke or inhale (freebased cocaine).v.i.
3. to freebase cocaine.n.
4. freebased cocaine.
Past participle: freebased