Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
A section or supplement of a newspaper containing comic strips.
(Journalism & Publishing) US and Canadian a section or separate supplement of a newspaper, etc, containing comic strips
adj. -ni•er, -ni•est, adj.
1. providing fun; amusing; comical: a funny joke.
2. attempting to amuse; facetious.
3. warranting suspicion; underhanded; deceitful: There was something funny about those extra charges.
4. Informal. insolent; impertinent: Don't get funny with me, mister.
5. curious; strange; peculiar; odd: Her speech has a funny twang.n.
6. Informal. a funny remark or story; joke: to make a funny.
a. comic strips.
b. Also called funny paper. the section of a newspaper reserved for comic strips, word games, etc.
8. Informal. peculiarly.