Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to furring: Furring strips
1. Trimming or lining made of fur.
2. A furlike coating, as on the tongue.
a. The preparation of a wall, ceiling, or floor with strips of wood or metal to provide a level substratum for plaster, flooring, or another surface or to create an air space.
b. Strips of material used in this process.
a. short for furring strip
b. the fixing of furring strips
c. furring strips collectively
2. (Pathology) the formation of fur on the tongue
3. (Clothing & Fashion) trimming of animal fur, as on a coat or other garment, or furs collectively
1. the act of lining, trimming, or clothing with fur.
2. the fur used.
3. the formation of a coating of matter on something, as on the tongue.
a. the attaching of strips of wood or the like (fur′ring strips`) to a wall or other surface, as to provide an even support for lath.
b. material used for this.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||furring - a furlike coating of matter as on the tongue|
symptom - (medicine) any sensation or change in bodily function that is experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease
|2.||furring - strip used to give a level surface for attaching wallboard|
strip - thin piece of wood or metal