Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
adj. fuss·i·er, fuss·i·est
1. Easily upset; given to bouts of ill temper: a fussy baby.
2. Paying great or excessive attention to personal tastes and appearance; fastidious: He was always fussy about clothes.
3. Calling for or requiring great attention to sometimes trivial details: a fussy actuarial problem.
4. Full of superfluous details: "It can indeed be fussy, filling with ornament what should be empty space" (H.D.F. Kitto).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fussiness - an irritable petulant feeling |
pet - a fit of petulance or sulkiness (especially at what is felt to be a slight)
|2.||fussiness - unnecessary elaborateness in details|
1. (= exacting nature)
1.1. (pej) his fussiness about food is driving me mad → sus mañías para la comida me están volviendo loco
2. (= elaborateness) [of design, clothes] → lo recargado
(= fastidiousness) → peinliche Genauigkeit; (= pettiness) → Kleinlichkeit f; (= preciseness) → Genauigkeit f; (= choosiness) → wählerische Art; because of his incredible fussiness about what he eats → weil er so unglaublich wählerisch ist, was das Essen angeht