galactic(redirected from galactically)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to a galaxy, especially the Milky Way.
2. Of enormous size; immense.
1. (Astronomy) astronomy of or relating to a galaxy, esp the Galaxy: the galactic plane.
2. (Physiology) med of or relating to milk
[C19: from Greek galaktikos; see galaxy]
a. of or pertaining to a galaxy.
b. of or pertaining to the Milky Way.
2. immense; vast: a problem of galactic proportions.
3. pertaining to or stimulating the secretion of milk.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||galactic - of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way); "the galactic plane"|
|2.||galactic - inconceivably large|
big, large - above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"