Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Sports The strategy devised before or used during an event.
2. A strategy for reaching an objective: "Harvey decided the best game plan was to stay loose" (Cyra McFadden).
1. a strategy
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a plan of campaign, esp in politics
1. a carefully planned strategy, as in politics.
2. the strategy of an athletic team for winning a game.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||game plan - (figurative) a carefully thought out strategy for achieving an objective in war or politics or business or personal affairs; "newscasters speculated about the President's game plan for an invasion"|
|2.||game plan - (sports) a plan for achieving an objective in some sport|