gatekeeper(redirected from gatemen)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. One that is in charge of passage through a gate.
2. One who monitors or oversees the actions of others.
3. One who controls access to something, such as information or services: publishers as gatekeepers.
1. a person who has charge of a gate and controls who may pass through it
2. (Animals) any of several Eurasian butterflies of the genus Pyronia, esp P. tithonus, having brown-bordered orange wings with a black-and-white eyespot on each forewing: family Satyridae
3. (Commerce) a manager in a large organization who controls the flow of information, esp to parent and subsidiary companies
1. a person in charge of a gate, usu. to supervise the traffic or flow through it.
2. a person or thing that controls entrance or access: a gatekeeper for a busy executive.
3. a guardian; monitor: the gatekeepers of Western culture.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||gatekeeper - someone who controls access to something; "there are too many gatekeepers between the field officers and the chief"|
|2.||gatekeeper - someone who guards an entrance |
commissionaire - a uniformed doorman
guard - a person who keeps watch over something or someone
night porter - a porter on duty during the night