Genoese(redirected from genoesely)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to genoesely: Génova
Nautical A jib whose leech extends aft of the mast. Also called genoa jib.
A city of northwest Italy on the Gulf of Genoa, an arm of the Ligurian Sea. An ancient settlement, Genoa flourished under the Romans and also enjoyed great prosperity during the Crusades. Today, it is Italy's chief port and a major commercial and industrial center.
Gen′o·ese′ (-ēz′, -ēs′), Gen′o·vese′ (-vēz′, -vēs′) adj. & n.
n, pl -ese or -vese
(Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Genoa
1. (Placename) of or relating to Genoa or its inhabitants
2. (Peoples) of or relating to Genoa or its inhabitants
Gen•o•ese(ˌdʒɛn oʊˈiz, -ˈis)
n., pl. -ese,
1. a native or resident of Genoa.
2. the form of Upper Italian spoken in Genoa.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Genoa, its residents, or their speech.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Genoese - a native or resident of Genoa|
Italian - a native or inhabitant of Italy
|Adj.||1.||Genoese - of or relating to or characteristic of Genoa or its inhabitants; "the Genoese sailor we call Columbus"|