geocentric(redirected from geocentricly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Relating to, measured from, or with respect to the center of the earth.
2. Having the earth as a center.
1. (Astronomy) having the earth at its centre: the Ptolemaic system postulated a geocentric universe.
2. (Astronomy) measured from or relating to the centre of the earth
ge•o•cen•tric(ˌdʒi oʊˈsɛn trɪk)
1. having or representing the earth as a center: a geocentric theory of the universe.
2. using the earth or earthly life as the only basis of evaluation.
3. viewed or measured as from the center of the earth: the geocentric position of the moon.
1. Relating to or measured from the Earth's center.
2. Relating to a model of the solar system or universe having the Earth as the center. Compare heliocentric.