germinal(redirected from germinal inclusion cyst)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or having the nature of a germ cell.
2. Of, relating to, or occurring in the earliest stage of development: was active in the germinal stages of the space program.
1. (Pathology) of, relating to, or like germs or a germ cell
2. of, or in the earliest stage of development; embryonic
[C19: from New Latin germinālis, from Latin germen bud; see germ]
(Historical Terms) the month of buds: the seventh month of the French revolutionary calendar, from March 22 to April 20
ger•mi•nal(ˈdʒɜr mə nl)
1. being in the earliest stage of development: germinal ideas.
2. of or pertaining to a germ or germs.
3. of the nature of a germ or germ cell.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Germinal - seventh month of the Revolutionary calendar (March and April); the month of buds|
Revolutionary calendar - the calendar adopted by the first French Republic in 1793 and abandoned in 1805; dates were calculated from Sept. 22, 1792
Revolutionary calendar month - a month in the Revolutionary calendar
|Adj.||1.||germinal - containing seeds of later development; "seminal ideas of one discipline can influence the growth of another"|
original - being or productive of something fresh and unusual; or being as first made or thought of; "a truly original approach"; "with original music"; "an original mind"