Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
tr.v. gla·ci·at·ed, gla·ci·at·ing, gla·ci·ates
a. To cover with ice or a glacier.
b. To subject to or affect by glacial action.
2. To freeze.
1. (Geological Science) to cover or become covered with glaciers or masses of ice
2. (Geological Science) (tr) to subject to the effects of glaciers, such as denudation and erosion
gla•ci•ate(ˈgleɪ ʃiˌeɪt, -si-)
v. -at•ed, -at•ing. v.t.
1. to cover with ice or glaciers.
2. to affect by glacial action.v.i.
3. to become frozen or covered with ice or glaciers.
[1615–25; < Latin glaciātus, past participle of glaciāre to freeze, derivative of glaciēs ice]
Past participle: glaciated