goddess(redirected from goddesshood)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people.
2. often Goddess A female being believed to be the source of life and being and worshiped as the principal deity in various religions. Used with the.
3. An image of a female supernatural being; an idol.
4. Something, such as fame or wealth, that is worshiped or idealized.
5. A woman of great beauty or grace.
1. (Other Non-Christian Religions) a female divinity
2. a woman who is adored or idealized, esp by a man
ˈgoddessˌhood, ˈgoddess-ˌship n
1. a female god or deity.
2. a greatly admired or adored woman.
3. a woman of great beauty.