grab bag(redirected from grab bags)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. A container filled with articles, such as party gifts, to be drawn unseen.
2. Slang A miscellaneous collection: The meeting evolved into a grab bag of petty complaints.
1. a collection of miscellaneous things
2. US and Canadian and Austral a bag or other container from which gifts are drawn at random
1. a bag or container from which a person, as at a party, draws a gift without knowing what it is.
2. any miscellaneous collection.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||grab bag - an assortment of miscellaneous items|
|2.||grab bag - a container from which a person draws a wrapped item at random without knowing the contents|
container - any object that can be used to hold things (especially a large metal boxlike object of standardized dimensions that can be loaded from one form of transport to another)