grainy(redirected from grainily)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. grain·i·er, grain·i·est
1. Made of or resembling grain; granular.
2. Resembling the grain of wood.
3. Having a granular appearance, as from the clumping of particles in the emulsion of a photograph.
adj, grainier or grainiest
1. resembling, full of, or composed of grain; granular
2. (Furniture) resembling the grain of wood, leather, etc
3. (Photography) photog having poor definition because of large grain size
adj. grain•i•er, grain•i•est.
1. resembling grain; granular.
2. full of grains or grain.
3. (of a photographic negative or positive) having a granular appearance.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||grainy - composed of or covered with particles resembling meal in texture or consistency; "granular sugar"; "the photographs were grainy and indistinct"; "it left a mealy residue"|
grainy[ˈgreɪni] adj [film, photograph] → qui a du grain
[surface] → granuleux/euse