|Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary|
6,755,190,641 visitors served.
|Also found in: Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia||0.02 sec.|
graphic (ˈɡræfɪk) or graphical
1. vividly or clearly described: a graphic account of the disaster.
2. sexually explicit
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) of or relating to writing or other inscribed representations: graphic symbols.
4. (Mathematics) maths using, relating to, or determined by a graph: a graphic representation of the figures.
5. (Art Terms) of or relating to the graphic arts
6. (Geological Science) geology having or denoting a texture formed by intergrowth of the crystals to resemble writing: graphic granite.
[C17: from Latin graphicus, from Greek graphikos, from graphein to write; see carve]ˈgraphically ˈgraphicly adv ˈgraphicalness ˈgraphicness n
graph•ic (ˈgræf ɪk)
1. giving a clear and effective picture; vivid: a graphic account of an earthquake.
2. pertaining to the use of diagrams, graphs, mathematical curves, or the like; diagrammatic.
3. of, pertaining to, or expressed by writing: graphic symbols.
4. formed by inscription or drawing.
5. pertaining to the determination of mathematical values, solution of problems, etc., by direct measurement on diagrams instead of by ordinary calculations.
6. of or pertaining to the graphic arts.
7. depicted in a realistic or vivid manner: graphic sex and violence.
8. containing graphic descriptions: a graphic movie.n.
9. a product of the graphic arts, as a drawing or print.
10. a computer-generated image.
[1630–40; < Latin graphicus of painting or drawing < Greek graphikós able to draw or paint =gráph(ein) to draw, write + -ikos -ic]
Any and all products of the cartographic and photogrammetric art. A graphic may be a map, chart, or mosaic or even a film strip that was produced using cartographic techniques.
Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
1. vivid, clear, detailed, striking, telling, explicit, picturesque, forceful, expressive, descriptive, illustrative, well-drawn graphic descriptions of violence
vivid vague, woolly, generalized, imprecise, unspecific
1. (= vivid) [description, picture] → muy gráfico
to describe sth in graphic detail → describir algo con todo lujo de detalles
2. (Art, Math) → gráfico
graphic [ˈgræfɪk] adj (= explicit) [scene, description] → cru(e)
(= vivid) account, description → anschaulich; (= unpleasantly realistic) → drastisch; to describe something in graphic detail → etw in allen Einzelheiten anschaulich darstellen
n → Grafiker(in) m(f)
pl, graphic design
n → Grafik f
n → Grafiker(in) m(f)
n → (Graphic) Equalizer m
n Roman in Cartoonform, → Comicheft nt
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
|Mentioned in||?||References in classic literature||?||Dictionary browser||?||Full browser||?|
atomic number 52
atomic number 79
concept of logistic support
Of his life, career, achievements, and end nothing is preserved for the edification of his young successors in the fleet of to-day - nothing but this phrase, which, sailor-like in the simplicity of personal sentiment and strength of graphic expression, embodies the spirit of the epoch.
No need of the as yet un- dreamed-of telegraph; the tale flew from man to man, from group to group, from house to house, with little less than tele- graphic speed.
The free trappers are a more independent class; and in describing them, we shall do little more than transcribe the graphic description of them by Captain Bonneville.
Graphe Fonctionnel de Commande Etapes-Transitions
Graphene-based Nanoelectronic Devices
graphicGraphic Access Method
Graphic Additions to FORTRAN
Graphic Adventure Creator
Graphic Air Picture Early Warning System
Graphic Analysis & Correlation Terminal
Graphic Animation System for Professionals
Graphic Area Forecast
Graphic Art and Multimedia Artists
Graphic artist (line art)
Graphic Artists Guild
|Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Translations|
Free toolbar & extensions |
Word of the Day |
For webmasters: Free content | Linking | Lookup box | Double-click lookup