green light(redirected from green-lights)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The green-colored light that signals traffic to proceed.
2. Informal Permission to proceed.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a signal to go, esp a green traffic light
2. permission to proceed with a project
vb (tr) , -lights, -lighting or -lighted
to permit (a project, etc) to proceed
1. a green-colored traffic light used to signal permission to proceed.
2. authorization or permission to proceed with an action or project.
v.t. -light•ed or -lit, -light•ing.
to give permission to proceed or authorization to (a project or person).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||green light - a signal to proceed|
|2.||green light - permission to proceed with a project or to take action; "the gave the green light for construction to begin"|
permission - approval to do something; "he asked permission to leave"