Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A tropical American evergreen tree (Chlorocardium rodiei syn. Ocotea rodiei) having greenish durable wood.
2. The wood of this tree, used especially for marine construction.
1. (Plants) Also called: bebeeru a tropical American lauraceous tree, Ocotea (or Nectandra) rodiaei, that has dark green durable wood and bark that yields the alkaloid bebeerine
2. (Plants) any of various similar trees
3. (Plants) the wood of any of these trees
1. a South American tree, Ocotea (or Nectandra) rodiei, of the laurel family, yielding a hard durable greenish wood.
2. the wood itself.