Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A fan who follows a rock group around on tours.
2. An enthusiastic supporter or follower: a ballet groupie.
1. (Pop Music) an ardent fan of a celebrity, esp a pop star: originally, often a girl who followed the members of a pop group on tour in order to have sexual relations with them
2. an enthusiastic follower of some activity: a political groupie.
1. a young person, esp. a teenage girl, who is an ardent admirer of rock musicians and may follow them on tour.
2. an ardent fan of a celebrity or of a particular activity.