Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Wikipedia.
v. guessed, guess·ing, guess·es
a. To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
b. To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.
2. To form a correct estimate or conjecture of: guessed the answer.
3. To suppose; think: I guess he was wrong.
1. To make an estimate or conjecture: We could only guess at her motives.
2. To estimate or conjecture correctly.
1. An act or instance of guessing.
2. A conjecture arrived at by guessing.