Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. A post with a sign giving directions for travelers, usually placed at a crossroad.
2. Something that serves as a guide or an example; a guideline.
1. a sign on a post by a road indicating directions
2. a principle or guideline
1. a post bearing a sign for the guidance of travelers, as at the intersection of two roads.
2. anything serving as a guide; guideline.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||guidepost - a rule or principle that provides guidance to appropriate behavior|
|2.||guidepost - a post bearing a sign that gives directions or shows the way|
sign - a public display of a message; "he posted signs in all the shop windows"